Please take the time to read through our FAQs below.
If there is anything else you need to know, please feel free to contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
Where do I start?
We would be pleased to meet with you for a free consultation on your project. This is best done at the project site, and can be arranged out of work hours if required. We understand it can be hard to get away from the office during weekdays.
What is the process from initial meeting to project handover?
- Initial site meeting with Daniel to discuss ideas and budget control
- If you haven’t already had plans drawn up, we can put you in touch with an architect / draftsperson we think would best suit your needs.
- Preliminary cost consultation
- Planning approval process
- Meet with Daniel to finalise the scope of works, materials and finishes selection, fixed price quote prepared and contract of works signed.
- Construction and project management
- Completion and handover
What will our fixed price quote include?
Our quotation submission will include our scope of works with full specifications outlining exactly what will be included in your new home build or renovation, i.e how many light fittings, types of doors etc and any allowances for prime cost / provisional sum items. With a clearly laid out and detailed quote we eliminate any margin of error. The quote and specifications will form part of the contract.
Which contract will we be required to sign prior to any works commencing?
What area do you work in?
Our offices are located in Sydney, NSW. Therefore majority of our work is in the Sydney Metropolitan area, however, our skills are easily transportable so should you wish to discuss a project outside this area please contact us.
Who organises council approvals?
Your architect or the council planning team will best be able to advise you on whether your project will require council approval or not.
What is the difference between a Development Application (DA), Complying Development Certificate (CDC)?
What is a construction certificate (CC) and when do I need to obtain one?
What is an Occupation Certificate?
I already have plans or an architect I want to engage, can you work with that?
How on earth am I going to choose all my colours and fittings, it is all so overwhelming and time consuming?
Can I live in my house throughout the renovation process?
Who will be my contact person throughout the construction phase?
How long will it take to build my house?
We aim to make the building experience as simple and enjoyable as possible.
Below are some helpful links to assist and guide you through this process
- Master Builders Association – Residential Building VIEW
- NSW Fair Trading Consumer Building Guide. DOWNLOAD
- Subcontractor’s Statement. DOWNLOAD
Office Of Fair Trading
- Home Building License Check. VIEW
- Fair trading – info on where to start, home building and renovating. VIEW